The Moccamaster KBT model features a thermal carafe and a manual- adjust, drip-stop brew-basket which provides adjustability in how fast coffee flows into the carafe.
The KBT brews a full 40oz pot of coffee in six minutes.
The thermal carafe will keep your coffee hot up to an hour. To keep coffee hot longer or for traveling with your carafe, switch to the included Travel Lid.
All Moccamaster Coffee Brewers are handmade in the Netherlands and backed by an industry-leading 5-year warranty.
- meet strict brewing guidelines set forth by the ECBC (European Coffee Brewing Centre), SCA (Specialty Coffee Association), these guidelines include:
Brew at the correct temperature (196°F – 205°F)
- with a copper boiling element
- which is important for coffee soluble extraction
Steep coffee grounds for the right amount of time (less than 6 minutes to brew full cycle)
- via a cone-shaped brew-basket (for < 1.8 liter brewers)
Hold brewed coffee at the correct temp, without burning (175°F – 185°F)
- using a unique, independent hot-plate element, auto-shut-off after 100 minutes or via a thermal carafe
- Brew at the correct temperature (196°F – 205°F)
- are made with durable metal housing, and where plastics are used, they are BPA/BPS/BPF and Phthalate FREE
- use a copper boiling element which allows for consistent water temperature control (copper is antibacterial in function)
- are simple to use, with a quiet brew process
- are energy efficient, timeless in design, long-lasting, reliable, cleanable, recyclable and sustainable!
The Moccamaster KBT features manual-adjust drip-stop brew-basket with three settings: Open, Partial Open, and Closed.
- Open is for normal brewing of 5 or more cups
- Partial Open slows down the coffee/water saturation time (drain process), which allows the coffee to steep a bit longer for partial carafe coffee brewing of less than 5 cups.
- Closed is meant for emptying the basket at the end of the brew cycle and NOT for pause and pour. Since the entire cycle only takes less than 6 minutes, we recommend waiting until the full cycle is complete to assure Golden Cup quality perfection in every cup.